Friday, July 24, 2009

Weekend Reading

Everyone is talking about Jeff Abbot's TRUST ME and with good reason. I haven't had the chance to pick up his latest yet, but man, that guy can write! I remember reading PANIC in one sitting, my heart racing the entire time. I can't wait to see what he has in store next, but I'm going to have to clear my schedule.

If you enjoy short stories, pick up a copy of UNCAGE ME, the latest anthology edited by Jennifer Jordan. With an introduction by John Connolly and stories by Christa Faust, Victor Gischler, Declan Burke, Gregg Hurwitz and others, UNCAGE ME is full of talented storytelling.

In the mood for something literary? I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE author Stephanie Kuehnert's second novel, BALLADS OF SUBURBIA, releases today. She writes wonderful characters, often the weird kids at school who are haunted by their family lives. She's not afraid to write the hard scenes, which leads to brutally honest writing.

No comments: