Friday, August 07, 2009

Weekend Reading

Received my package of Pinter books this week, so I'm planning on diving in to THE FURY and THE DARKNESS over the weekend. THE FURY is the first in the two-part Henry Parker epic and THE DARKNESS releases in December. Love that Pinter is flooding the market and I love that he sent me advance copies because I know I won't want to wait til December for book #2.

The Crimespree Awards were announced Monday. Award the winners by picking up their books:
Favorite Book of 2008: TRIGGER CITY by Sean Chercover
Best in an ongoing series: CHASING DARKNESS by Robert Crais
Favorite comic books writer: Brian Azzarello (Author of THE JOKER and the 1000 Bullets series)
Favorite original paperback: MONEY SHOT by Christa Faust

Another winner is Once Upon A Crime in Minneapolis, voted favorite mystery bookstore. If you're in the area, be sure to stop by.

And finally, in case my last two posts weren't clear, pick up a copy of THE AMATEURS by Marcus Sakey. Last time I'm going to say it, I promise.

No comments: